Lipodissolve is today’s modern approach to fat reduction injections. These injections are usually used to reduce fat deposits around the body like the neck, stomach, thighs, and hips. Although liposuction already does a lot in sculpting the body, one thing it cannot do is that Lipodissolve can tighten the skin.
Now, let’s discuss Lipodissolve, its perks and benefits, safety and permanence, and risks and side effects for a person’s skin to stop being loose and saggy after undergoing the Lipodissolve treatment.
What is Lipodissolve?
Similar to mesotherapy, Lipodissolve is a dissolution solution of injection lipolysis that’s an alternative to those more invasive, traditional liposuction procedures. However, Lipodissolve has standard formulations followed across the board. This formulation consists of primary ingredients, such as deoxycholate (DC) and phosphatidylcholine (PC).
PC aids in fat cell digestion and drainage that have already been broken down by the bile salt DC. Although not yet approved by the US FDA, Lipodissolve is banned or highly regulated in many other countries because it lacks the much-needed standardized manufacturing. Lipodissolve is undergoing further research and clinical trials to determine its safety, potential side effects, and probable efficacy. But remember, Lipodissolve is not a profound solution for weight loss.
Lipodissolve, consisting of both PCDC, is a popular injectable solution for breaking down fat cells while destroying them permanently. This non-surgical procedure is designed for melting fat cells and improving cellulite.
The Lipodissolve treatment involves injections that contain body-safe compounds, the same as the substances naturally produced by our body. Lipodissolve diminishes fat, resulting in a toned appearance. The founders of the American Society of Aesthetic Lipodissolve developed this fat-reduction procedure in 2001.
Lipodissolve tightens your skin, lifts your muscles, enhances the body’s shape, and improves the skin’s texture. It uses three (3) enzymes that are safe and proven as a treatment against fat cells.
Common Cosmetic Uses of Lipodissolve
Lipodissolve injections are typically used to reduce fat deposits in different body areas, including the chin (or the double chin if you already have one), the back of the arms, the back of the thighs, the abdomen, and so much more. Here are some of Lipodissolve’s typical cosmetic uses:
- Abdominal Contour – dissolve stubborn belly fat.
- Arm Shape and Size – breaks down arm flaps.
- Buttocks Shape and Size – addresses excess fat found in the buttocks.
- Cellulite – digests and breaks down fat cells that can produce cellulitis in different parts of the body using Lipodissolve’s active ingredients
- Excess Body Fat – eliminates fat cells sitting in various areas of concern in the body.
- Gender Confirmation – helps achieve body contouring through strategic lipo towards more authentic body aesthetics both for patients undergoing male to female (MTF) and female to male (FTM) gender confirmation.
- Leg Shape and Size – targets the tops of the thighs to reduce the accumulation of fat cells
- Neck and Jaw Definition – Lipodissolve helps diminish fat collections located in the areas of the jaw and neck
How Lipodissolve Works
Lipodissolve is a fat-reducing procedure that follows the typical steps that follow:
- First, local anesthesia is diluted and infused to help reduce potential bleeding and trauma.
- Then, a thin cannula or hollow tube gets inserted into the incisions and loosens the excess fat with a controlled, back and forth movement.
- Finally, the reduced fat is suctioned out of the patient’s body using surgical vacuums or syringes attached to the thin hollow tubes or cannula.
The Lipodissolve treatment takes around 30 minutes to administer. After your first treatment, expect some increased swelling within the next week. It will take 6-8 weeks before the fullness of the body sculpting effects happens, and the inflammatory process is completed.
Ideal Candidates for Lipodissolve
Lipodissolve is perfect for those who have stubborn fat deposits that are challenging to be removed even after diet and exercise. Experts do not suggest this treatment for people with unhealthy weights, pregnant or breastfeeding women, those allergic to soy and soy-related products, or those with the firm or fibrous fat deposits.
Recovery from the Lipodissolve Procedure
Many people who undergo Lipodissolve will experience minimal downtime and recover from this treatment in the next day or two. They can resume normal activities after their procedure. However, you should limit strenuous exercise for the next few days. Side effects, such as redness, swelling, and bruising, fade within the next ten (10) days.
Potential Side Effects of Lipodissolve
Possible after-effects subsequently after a Lipodissolve procedure may include the following:
- allergic reaction
- mild aches
- nodule formation at the site of injection
- skin necrosis
Note: These symptoms for Lipodissolve usually subside after a few days.
Expectations and Results from Lipodissolve
As an injected form of fat reduction, Lipodissolve’s potential results become noticeable after having multiple additional injections after your initial one. Typically, 4-10 injections spaced 6-8 weeks apart are ideal for achieving optimal results. These effects significantly change with factors like weight gain, pregnancy, and aging.
What to Expect:
- Avoid blood thinning medications for the next two (2) weeks.
- Practitioners should ice the treatment area for 4-5 minutes.
- The Lipodissolve solution is injected into the various locations around the treatment area of the patient’s body.
Immediately After Treatment
- Expect minor and temporary bruising and swelling that will fade after a few days.
1-10 Days After Treatment and Beyond
- Experience bruising and swelling for the next ten (10) days.
- Avoid rubbing your treatment area with your hands.
- Do not wear tight and suffocating clothing.
- Do not apply any topical lotions or ointments to your treated areas.
What to Take Note from Results
- Results should become noticeable after 4-10 treatments spaced 6-8 weeks apart.
- Lipodissolve results are permanent.
- These treatments are performed every six (6) weeks while the broken-down fat deposits are permanently gone.
- Results can be significantly affected by weight gain and pregnancy.
- The FDA does not yet approve this treatment for fat reduction.
How Much Lipodissolve Cost
Lipodissolve procedures cost around a measly $150 to a whopping $6,000. However, the actual price of Lipodissolve is greatly dependent upon the clinic or med spa, location, if practitioners are either board-certified facial plastic surgeons or healthcare providers, and the length and involvement of this plastic surgery procedure.
Lipodissolve procedures are non-invasive injection lipolysis and fat reduction therapy for dissolving and digestion of stubborn fat cells. Although the FDA has not yet approved this treatment in the United States, Lipodissolve can still serve as an option for a more invasive cosmetic surgery, similar to liposuction. Contact the experts in the cosmetic field if you want Lipodissolve for your fat-reduction concerns.
Are you interested in Lipodissolve and want to experience it, too? Our wonderful friends at Elle Aesthetics Utah can help you today. Visit them now! https://elleaestheticsutah.com/