Lipodissolve is today’s modern approach to effective fat reduction and eventual elimination. It is an injected form of fat reduction that practitioners can use to significantly reduce fat deposits in various places around the body, including the stomach, hips, thighs, back, and neck. Lipodissolve injections, or mesotherapy, are injections of medications, homeopathic medicines, vitamins, plant extracts, or other substances directly into cells under the skin. Aesthetic mesotherapy works by breaking up fat in cells excreted through the body via the lymphatic system.
Today, let us discover what Lipodissolve treatments are and how it works. Read until the end to determine if this fat-reduction treatment is your best option.
What is Lipodissolve?
Like mesotherapy, Lip dissolve is an injectable lipolysis and dissolution solution used as an alternative to more invasive liposuction procedures. However, it has standard formulations consisting of phosphatidylcholine and deoxycholate as primary ingredients
Phosphatidylcholine helps with the digestion and drainage of the fat cells broken down by the bile salt deoxycholate. Lip dissolve is not FDA-approved in the U.S., banned, or highly regulated in most countries due to a lack of standardized manufacturing. Lipodissolve is undergoing clinical trials to determine safety, side effects, and efficacy. Lipodissolve is not a weight loss solution.
Furthermore, Lipodissolve is an injectable solution that breaks down fat cells and destroys them permanently. It’s a non-surgical procedure designed to melt fat cells and improve cellulite. The treatment consists of injections containing body-safe compounds, similar to the substance produced by the body, which diminishes fat and results in a toned appearance. The procedure was developed by the American Society of Aesthetic Lipodissolve founders in 2001.
The pros of the Lip dissolve treatment include the following:
- Enhances your body’s shape
- Improves the texture of your skin
- It consists of three enzymes that are safe and proven to treat fat cells
- Lifts the muscles
- Tightens the skin
What Cosmetic Issues Do Lipodissolve Procedures Treat?
- Abdominal Contour: dissolves stubborn belly fat
- Arm Shape and Size: breaks down arm flab
- Buttocks Shape and Size: addresses excess fat in the buttocks region
- Cellulite: as it contains active ingredients, it targets to break down and digest fat cells in various body parts
- Excess Body Fat: breaks down fat cells in multiple areas of the body
- Gender Confirmation: strategic lipo contours the body to achieve a more authentic body aesthetic both for female-to-male (FTM) and male-to-female (MTF) patients
- Leg Shape and Size: targets the tops of the thighs, reducing fat cell accumulations
- Neck and Jaw Definition: diminishes fat collections in the areas of the jaw and neck
The Treatment Procedure
Lipodissolve is a 45-minute procedure done inside your practitioner’s office or clinic. All patients will get an initial consultation before starting the treatment.
On the day of your treatment, they will educate you on the benefits and drawbacks of the procedure. Practitioners will also examine your medical history and take photos before the treatment. Then they will perform a five-minute ultrasound treatment, marking the targeted areas, signaling the start of the treatment.
After the Lipodissolve treatment, practitioners will perform another ultrasound. They will provide you with an ice bag, and practitioners will give post-treatment instructions to soothe side effects. Experts recommend at least three to five (3-5) sessions for optimal results.
Frequently Asked Questions About Lipodissolve
“Who are Ideal Candidates for Lipodissolve Procedures?”
The ideal candidate for Lipodissolve has persistent, stubborn fat deposits despite diet and exercise. Lipodissolve is not recommended for those with unhealthy weights, pregnant or breastfeeding women, those with soy allergies, or firm or fibrous fat deposits.
“On average, what is the associated recovery with Lipodissolve procedures?”
Most patients claim to experience limited downtime and recover from Lipodissolve within a day or two. Nevertheless, you can already resume normal activities after the procedure. But you should limit strenuous exercise to a few days. Redness, swelling, and bruising will resolve within ten (10) days.
“What are the possible side effects of Lipodissolve procedures?”
Potential after-effects following your Lipodissolve procedure can include allergic reaction, bruising, redness, stinging, swelling, lightheadedness, nodule formation at the injection site, and skin necrosis.
“What are the expected results of Lipodissolve procedures?”
Lipodissolve results will become visible after multiple initial injections. Typically, four to ten (4-10) injections spaced six to eight weeks apart are used for best results. Results will change with weight gain, pregnancy, and aging.
Post-Procedure Guidelines for Lipodissolve
Please read the following Lipodissolve post-procedure steps carefully.
- Avoid smoking as it delays healing and can increase the risk of possible complications.
- Drink water every day, at least 64 ounces, to assist your body in flushing out fats that have been broken down. Remember that “water” does not mean coffee, juice, sodas, or tea.
- Do not consume alcoholic beverages for the first seven (7) days following your procedure.
- It is usual for the localized fat in the treatment area to change consistency due to the bop layer of fat cells breaking down and leaving the cell walls.
- It is recommended that the patient rest on the day of the procedure. However, after the first 24 hours, exercise is highly recommended to help achieve maximum results.
- Lessen or at least avoid, for the time being, taking hot baths or going to saunas during the first few days following your procedure.
- Mild inflammation, bruising, and tenderness may occur. Bruising may last from 3-7 days.
- Refrain from taking systemic steroids such as; Prednisone, Hydrocortisone, etc., for at least two (2) weeks following your procedure.
- Wash with antibacterial soap for two days following your treatment. A cool shower or compress will soothe irritated areas.
- Continue to increase your exercise, especially in the treated area. Exercise will aid the body in fat burning after your procedure.
- Keep drinking 64 ounces of water every day to help your body flush out fats that have been broken down.
- Practitioners should schedule your next Lipodissolve session for four (4) weeks after your last procedure.
Lipodissolve is a non-invasive injection lipolysis and fat reduction therapy similar to mesotherapy composed of phosphatidylcholine and deoxycholate for the dissolution and digestion of fat cells. It is not FDA approved in the United States. Lipodissolve can be an alternative to a more invasive cosmetic surgery like liposuction.
Do you want to experience Lipodissolve? Our amazing friends at Ella Aesthetics Utah can help you today. Visit them now!